11th Pay Commission (Revision) for Kerala Government Employees
Rules of Fixation in the Revised Scales of Pay:
(1) The revised scales of pay will come into force with effect from 01/07/2019.
(2) All employees who were in service as on 01/07/2019 shall come over to the revised scale of pay with effect from 01/07/2019. There will be no option facility to elect another date for pay revision.
(3) The pay in the revised scale as of 01/07/2019 will be the corresponding
revised pay stage of pre-revised pay as provided in Annexure-6(2). However, if the corresponding revised stage is less than the minimum of the revised scale of the post, the pay will be fixed at the minimum. There will be no fixation exercise for the calculation of revised pay as done in previous pay revisions.
(4) In cases where the existing pay as on 01/07/2019 is retrospectively changed after 01/07/2019 for any reason, the pay so changed will be revised as provided in Annexure-6(2).
(5) All appointments and promotions made on or after 01/07/2019 shall be
deemed to have been made in the revised scale of pay and pay will be regulated accordingly.
(6) The existing emoluments for the purpose of these rules will be the basic pay drawn as on 01/07/2019 in the existing scale of pay. Increments, if any, accrued on 01/07/2019 will also be reckoned.
(7) Existing scale of pay for the purpose of these rules is the scale of pay
immediately prior to 01/07/2019.
(8) In cases where Personal pay is existing in the pre-revised scale of pay, revised pay stage in the revised scales shall be arrived at based on the pre revised basic pay only. After arriving at the revised pay stage, existing Personal pay will be revised by multiplying it with the factor of 1.28 and the result will be rounded off to the next multiple of ₹ 100. If the amount so obtained is equal to or greater than the amount of increment(s) next above the pay fixed in the revised scale, an amount of Personal pay equal to the sum of increment(s) in the revised scales of pay will be subsumed into the basic pay in the revised scale of pay. The remaining portion of Personal pay, if any, after subsumed into basic pay will be continued in the revised scales as Personal pay. In other cases where the revised Personal pay as arrived at above is less than an increment, the Personal pay will be continued as such in the revised scale without absorption in future increase in pay.
(9) Residuary Pay existing in the pre-revised pay structure will not be reckoned for determination of pay stage in the revised scale. The existing Residuary Pay in the pre-revised scale will be multiplied by a factor of 1.28 and the result will be rounded to the next multiple of ₹ 10. The Residuary Pay so fixed will be retained in the revised scale and the existing conditions of payment will continue.
(10) Special Pay existing in the pre-revised pay structure will not be reckoned for determination of pay stage in the revised scale. The existing Special Pay in the pre-revised scale will be multiplied by a factor of 1.28 and the result will be rounded to the next multiple of ₹ 10. The Special Pay so fixed will be retained in the revised pay scales provided such Special Pay is not available in the revised pay scale.
(11) Stagnation increment existing in the pre-revised pay structure will not be reckoned for determination of pay stage in the revised scale. However, the number of stagnation increments drawn in the pre-revised scale will be allowed in the revised scale at the rate of last increments in the scale.
(12) In the case of an employee enjoying Personal pay, Special pay and
Stagnation increment at the same time in the pre-revised pay structure, Special pay, and Personal pay will be retained in the revised pay structure, each multiplied by a factor of 1.28 and rounded to the next multiple of ₹ 10. But Stagnation increment will be retained as provided under Rule 11.
(13) If the amount arrived by multiplication of Personal pay and Special pay by the factor provided is a multiple of ₹ 10 or ₹ 100 as the case may be, the amounts will not be rounded off to the next multiple.
Date of next increment:
(14) Date of next increment- The existing date of increment shall not undergo any change. In all cases where the minimum of the scale of pay of an employee is greater than the pay stage eligible with effect from 01/07/2019 in accordance with Annexure-6(2), the date of the next increment will be on completion of one year of service from that date.
(15) In the case of an Officer who is on deputation/ foreign service and has
opted for the pay of the deputation post or is on leave without allowances or is under suspension as on 01.07.2019, his pay will be fixed under these rules on the date of his rejoining duty on the basis of pay last drawn immediately before 01.07.2019. In cases where the officer on deputation/ foreign service as on 01.07.2019 has opted for the grade pay and allowances of his cadre post, he will be allowed revised pay as if he were continuing in his parent department.
(16) In the case of employees who are continuing on LWA on 01/07/2019, their pay will be fixed in the revised scale as on the date of return from leave on the basis of pay last drawn before entering on leave. However, if LWA is granted under Rule 91A Part I KSRs or on Medical Certificate to an Officer, both of which qualify for increment under Rule 33(b)(2) KSR, Part I, the pay of such an officer will be fixed on the date of return from leave by counting the increment accrued on 01.07.2019.
(17) Provisional employees recruited through employment exchanges who were in service on 30/06/2019 and continued thereafter shall be eligible only for the minimum of the revised scale of pay with effect from 01/07/2019.
(18) An employee whose increment is withheld for want of declaration of probation as on 01/07/2019 will be allowed the benefit of pay revision on the basis of the pay actually drawn as on 01/07/2019 and he will continue on that pay till the date of effect of declaration of probation. The pay so fixed will be revised to the corresponding stage in accordance with Annexure-6(2) on declaration of probation, notionally counting the increment accrued but withheld. Monetary benefit of revision of fixation will be admissible only from the effective date of declaration of probation. He will draw his next increment on the normal date.
(19) Regular employees who have got a new appointment either through by
transfer or by PSC appointment, for which pre-service training with stipend is mandatory and the employees were on such training as on 01/07/2019, their pay on 01/07/2019 will be revised based on the actual pay drawn in the former post prior to 01/07/2019, and after completion of such training, pay in the new post will be fixed as per the relevant rules in KSR on the date of assuming duty in the new post.
(20) Stagnation increment– The existing system of allowing stagnation increment will continue. Maximum number of stagnation increments allowed will be five, out of which four will be annual and fifth one biennial, subject tothe condition that maximum basic pay after adding stagnation increment shall not exceed maximum of the Master scale.
(21) Suitable illustrations for the above Rules are provided under Annexure-6 (3)