Grant of Dearness Allowance (9% to 12%) to Rajasthan State Government employees
The Finance Department of Rajasthan Government has issued an important order regarding the hike of Dearness Allowance by 3% from the existing rate from 1st January 2019 for its employees. The complete text of the order is given below for your ready reference.
Government of Rajasthan
No. F. 6(3) FD (Rules)/2017
Jaipur, dated: 22 Feb, 2019
Sub: Grant of Dearness Allowance to State Government employees.
The Governor is pleased to order that the existing rate of Dearness Allowance payable to the State Government employees, drawing pay in the Rajasthan Civil Services (Revised Pay) Rules, 2017, under Finance Department Order of even number dated 10-09-2018 shall be revised from 9% to 12% with effect from 01-01-2019.
2. The term ‘Pay’ for the purpose of calculation of Dearness Allowance shall be the Basic Pay Le. pay drawn in the Pay Matrix of the prescribed Levels and shall not include any other type(s) of pay Hke Special Payor Personal Pay etc.
3. The payment on account of Dearness Allowance involving fraction of 50 paisa and above may be rounded off to the next higher rupee and the fraction of less than 50 paisa may be ignored.
4. The amount of increase in Dearness Allowance for the period from 01-01-2019 to 28-02-2019 shall be credited to the General Provident Fund Account of the respective employees and cash payment shall be admissible from 01-03-2019 i.e. salary for the month of March, 2019 payable on 01-04-2019.
5. The arrear of DA from 01-01-2019 to 28-02-2019 to the employees recruited to the Civil Services on or after 01-01-2004 and who are governed by Contributory Pension Scheme, shall be paid in cash.
6. The payment of arrears of Dearness Allowance shall not be made before the date of disbursement of salary of March, 2019.
By order of the Governor,
Special Secretary, Finance (Exp.)