TANGEDCO TNEB Aadhaar Link Status Check
The Tamil Nadu Electricity Board has urged its consumers in to link their Aadhaar number to their electricity bill service through an official government announcement. The GO is passed and it is likely to affect the subsidy of up to 100 units free if consumers fail to link their Aadhaar number however the action is yet to be confirmed by the TANGEDCO officials.
TNEB Aadhaar Status Check Online
Mr. Rajesh Lakhoni, the chairman of TANGEDCO has urged all consumers to acknowledge this move and carry out the Aadhaar linking process to their respective TNEB bill connection as soon as possible. Around 85,000 consumers have already linked their Aadhaar Card online already and there are more to come.
TNEB customers as requested to look at this GO as a responsibility as opposed to mandatory or compulsion.
|TANGEDCO||Tamil Nadu Generation and Distribution Corporation Limited|
|Department Name||Tamil Nadu Electricity Board (TNEB)|
|Started By||State Government of TN|
|Service Name||TANGEDCO TNEB Aadhar Linking|
|TANGEDCO Aadhaar Link Last Date||Not yet announced|
|Benefits||Consumers will get the subsidy|
|Link Mode||Through Online|
|Official Web Portal||nsc.tnebltd.gov.in/adharupload|
|Step 1||Log on to the website – nsc.tnebltd.gov.in/adharupload/|
|Step 2||You will see a form on the screen – Input your Service Connection Number first, and navigate|
|Step 3||Generate an OTP by entering your registered mobile number with TNEB|
|Step 4||Verify your TNEB account by entering the OTP sent to your mobile number|
|Step 5||Enter all the details of the Occupant for that Service Connection number|
|Step 6||Input the Aadhaar Card Number that you want to use for your Electricity Connection.|
|Step 7||Type your name in the given column as it appears on the Aadhaar card number you have given|
|Step 8||Upload a copy of the Aadhaar card and once you are done|
|Step 9||Click the Submit button in the form and|
|Step 10||Download the receipt for the same.|
|Now you have successfully linked your Aadhaar Number to your TNEB Connection.|
- The Aadhar linking with the Service number is presently for Domestic, Power loom, Agriculture, and Hut services alone.
- The Aadhar card shall be uploaded in .jpg/.jpeg/pdf format of size 500KB.
- The service connection number shall be entered in the format as received by SMS or as printed on the receipt.
TNEB Service Number Login Procedure
|Service Connection Number *||XXXXXXXXX|
|Registered Mobile Number *||XXXXXXXXX|
|Do you want to send OTP to this mobile number||Yes or No|
- If you are not the owner of the house and you are confused it you should be adding your Aadhaar number to the TNEB bill connection since you handle all the electricity payments as you rent the property, then please get the acknowledgment of the owner if it is ok to input your Aadhaar number to the connection and then proceed.
- Aadhaar linking to TNEB is implemented by the government to streamline the process and it is for information purposes. It is recommended that owners of the property link their Aadhaar information to the Electricity bill rather than including that of a tenant who could change from time to time.
When a Tenant is allowed to input his Aadhaar Information into the TNEB connection will the entire EB connection be transferred to the Tenant?
- Definitely not, linking of Aadhaar as mentioned is only for information not for a name change or connection transfer purposes.
- If you are not online friendly you can walk into your EB office where you pay your EB bills regularly and furnish your details with a copy of your Aadhaar card and fill out the form manually it will be done. Don’t forget to carry your original copies too.
- There is no official announcement yet on the last date however we can be expecting one soon. Why wait for the last-minute rush and hustle let’s just get it done as soon as possible.