The Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT) has published an important circular on the subject of exemption to employees to mark bio-metric attendance. The text of the order is reproduced and given below for your ready reference:
Government of India
Ministry Of Personnel, public Grievances and Pensions
(Department Of Personnel and Training)
North Block, New Delhi
Subject: Exemption to employees to mark biometric attendance in Aadhar Based Biometric Attendance System (AEBAS) – reg.
Though only a small number of novel coronovirus (COVID-19) cases are reported in our country but keeping in view the nature of virus, it is a must to take all possible preventive measures to stop spread of virus.
2. It is learnt that most common method of transmission of virus seems to be through infected surfaces. Therefore, it is desirable to avoid touching surfaces, which might be infected due to human touch.
3. In view of the above, all the Ministries/Departments are requested to exempt their employees to mark biometric attendance in Aadhar Based Biometric Attendance System(AEBAS) till 31st March, 2020. However, all the employees are required to mark their attendance in Attendance register, (as
done prior to launch of biometric system), during this period.
(Ajay Kumar Singh)
Under Secretary to the Govt of India
One of the most common methods of transmission of novel coronavirus (COVID-19) seems to be through infected surfaces. To avoid touching surfaces that might be infected, to all Central Govt employees are exempted from biometric attendance.
In another circular issued by the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy on 5th March 2020, the attendance of the employees from 9 March 2020 will be marked as per the details given below:
- All non-gazetted and outsourced staff will mark their attendance in the Attendance Register kept in Admin.-I Division.
- All gazetted officers will mark their attendance in Attendance Register kept with Personal Staff of their respective Joint Secretaries.
- All officers whose Group Heads are reporting directly to Secretary will mark their attendance in Attendance Register kept in the office of JS(Admn.).
- Sr. PPS to Secretary will maintain the register for all Staff posted in Secretary’s office.
AIRF Writes to Railway Board
Outbreak of Corona Virus(COVID-19): All India Railwaymen Federation (AIFR) writes a letter to Railway Baord to take precautionary mesaures in Indian Railways.
The letter said, Indian Railways is a major transport system which carries around 2.5 crore population every day. There is, therefore, every likelihood that the Frontline Railway Employees who come under direct contact of the rail users may also be affected by this chronic disease. Unfortunately, Indian Railways is not taking any preventive measure in this regard.
AIRF, therefore, desires that the Frontline Staff, viz. Ticket Checking Staff, Station Staff, Loco Pilots, Guards, Booking Clerks, Parcel Clerks, EC&RC, who come in the direct contact with the rail users, should be provided with N-75 Masks as well as Alcohol Based Sanitizer as a measure of protection. Onboard Staff should also be provided with same kind of protection.
NFIR Writes to Railway Board
National Federation of Indian Railwaymen (NFIR) writes to the Chairman of Railway Board to take necessary precautionary measures against Covid-19 (Corona Virus).
Particularly, the staff working in different public interface categories like commercial, operating etc., and also in the field are required to be provided masks to enable them wear while on duty and perform duties with self-confidence. Besides face masks, it may also be ensured to supply alcoholic soap/hand sanitizers at work-places to facilitate the staff to wash their hands very frequently.
The present system of Bio-metric Attendance would lead to spreading of virus from one person to another, in view of touching the machine to give attendance by large number of employees. In view of the risk involved, many Corporate Institutions have already suspended the system of Biometric Attendance to its employees. Similar action is also warranted in all the Railway Establishments/Workshops etc., till the period, the Corona Virus is fully controlled.
Also like this:
- Biometric Attendance Software Management System
- COVID-19: Railway Board relaxes norms for its employees
- 7th CPC Pay Matrix Table for Running Staff – NFIR
- Central Govt offices will function with skeletal employees Until 31 March 2020
- Restore of Supply of Linen, Blankets, and Curtains in Trains from 10 March 2022
- Old and new pension scheme for railway employees
- 7th CPC Hospital Patient Care Allowance (PCA) – Eligibility and Orders
- Coronavirus crisis: Central Government offices to remain closed till March 31
- 7th Pay Commission Dress Allowance
- Coronavirus update: Indian Railways cancels all passenger Train Services