Operations of Railways Has no Proposal to Privatise
There is no proposal to privatise the operation of Railways. However, there is a proposal to outsource the commercial and on board services of a few trains and to permit private players to induct modern rakes to run trains on select routes with an objective to provide improved service delivery to passengers.
The responsibility of train operations and safety certification rests with Indian Railways. Outsourcing of certain services like station cleaning, pay and use toilets, retiring rooms, parking and platforms maintenance etc. is being done on need based manner to improve cleanliness and other services.
This information was given by the Minister of Railways and Commerce & Industry, Shri Piyush Goyal in a written reply to a question in Rajya Sabha today.
Also like this:
- Strength of Employees and Vacancy Position in Indian Railways as on April 2019 follow up by 2020
- Review of fees charged by Indian Railways for checking of PNR details
- Government given premature retirement 220 corrupted employees and 96 senior officer
- Tatkal charges: Additionally 10 percentage of basic ticket amount for second class passengers
- Increment issue for those who retired or retiring on 30th June