Pay matrix with Distinct Pay Levels for Civil, Defence and MNS
The Seventh CPC recommended a Pay matrix with distinct Pay Levels. The Level would henceforth be the status determiner.
The Commission has designed the new pay matrix keeping in view the vast opportunities that have opened up outside government over the last three decades, generating greater competition for human resources and the need to attract and retain the best available talent in government services.
The nomenclature being used in the new pay matrix assigns levels in place of erstwhile grade pay and Table 3 below brings out the new dispensation for various grades pay pertaining to Civil, Defence and MNS.
|Existing Pay Bands||Existing levels of Grade Pay||Available for*||New Levels|
|PB-3||5400||C, D, M||10|
|6600||C, D, M||11|
|Cabinet Secretary, Defence Chiefs||18|
|*C: Civil; D: Defence; M: Military Nursing Service (MNS)|
Also like this:
- What is Pay Matrix Level?
- Index of Rationalisation Applied in 7th CPC Pay Structure
- Minimum and Maximum Pay of 1st CPC to 7th CPC
- Defence Pay Levels Unique to Defence Forces Personnel
- Defence Pay Matrix Table for Pay Level – 18