The Department of Posts issued guidelines to regulate the limited transfer facility of Gramin Dak Sevaks. The list of conditions for all group of GDS to applicable for transfer:
- The maximum number of chances to be provided for male GDSs is ONE only and TWO for female GDSs.
- The transfer will be at his/her own request and own cost to a vacant post at his/her place of choice to his/her/ spouse home village or home division or a place recommended for medical treatment.
- A minimum engagement period of ONE year from the date of regular engagement on GDS post will be mandatory for female GDS.
- A minimum engagement period of TWO years from the date of regular engagement on GDS Post will be mandatory for male GD , before transfer request can be entertained.
- For PwD GD and GDS having PwD dependents/ Mentally retarded dependents, a minimum engagement period of ONE year from the date of regular engagement on GDS Post will be mandatory.
- Transfer request of GDS who are under put off duty or against whom any disciplinary action, Police case or Court case is pending will not be entertained.
- Past engagement period will be counted for assessing the eligibility for appearing in departmental examination as well as for annual increment. GDS will not have any claim to go back to the previous engagement /recruitment Unit/Division in any circumstances.
- When a GDS is transferred at histher own request and the transfer is approved by the competent authority, she/he will rank junior in the seniority list of the new unit, to all the GDS of that unit who exist in the seniority list on the date on which the transfer is ordered, except in case of transfer within the same engagement/recruitment Sub Division/ Unit /Division.
- Mutual Exchange facility can be provided to all GDS on completion of ONE year (for Female GDS) and TWO years (for Male GDS) engagement period as the case may be.
- The GDS can be transferred on her/his request in following circumstances:-
- BPM Level 2 to BPM Level-2 in TRCA slab 3
- BPM Level-1 to BPM Level-1 in TRCA slab-2
- ABPM/Dak Sevaks Level-2 to ABPM/Dak Sevaks Level-2 in TRCA slab-2
- ABPM/Dak Sevaks Level-1 to ABPM/Dak Sevaks Level-1 in TRCA slab-1
- BPM Level-1 to ABPM/Dak Sevak Level-2(Postal/RMS) in same TRCA slab.
- ABPM/Dak Sevak Level-2 (Postal) to BPM Level-1 in the same TRCA slab provided that, the GDS has to make accommodation arrangement for managing BO as per standard prescribed for BO and fulfilling the condition of educational qualification , Compu ter certificate etc. prescribed by the Department from time to time. Before joining as BPM Level-1, he/she has to undergo prescribed training for BPM.
- Request transfer of ABPM/Dak Sevak from Postal to RMS in the same TRCA slab.
- Transfer from RMS to Postal i.e. from Dak Sevak to ABPM/Dak Sevak in the same TRCA level. However, Dak Sevak from RMS should not be transferred to Postal Dn as BPM.
11 There will not be any drop in TRCA slab on account of a request transfer and numbers of increments earned by GDS will be retained.
12. All request transfers are to be considered subject to condition that verification formalities viz (Caste, Education and Police verification report etc.) should have been completed.
Also like this:
- Revised eligibility criteria for engagement to Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS) posts
- Implementation of recommendation of Kamlesh Chandra Committee in case of premature exit from GDS post
- Master Circular on Probation-Confirmation: Delinking Confirmation
- GDS CEFA – Children Education Facilitation Allowance to GDS
- KV School Admission Guidelines 2019-20 – Download