Additional Conversion of Home Town LTC to travel by air to any place in Union Territory of Jammu & Kashmir
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
Department of Personnel and Training
Establishment A-IV Desk
North Block, New Delhi-110 001
Dated: March 17, 2020
Subject:- Grant of one additional Home Town LTC conversion to Fresh Recruits to visit UT of Jammu & Kashmir.
The undersigned is directed to refer to this Department’s O.M. of even no. dated 20.09.2018 vide which the LTC scheme allowing Government servants to travel by air to North East Region (NER), Jammu and Kashmir (J&K) and Andaman & Nicobar Islands (A&N) in lieu of Home Town LTC, was extended for a period of two years till 25 September, 2020.
2. Para 2 (iii) of the aforesaid O.M. provides that Fresh Recruits are allowed conversion of one of the three Home Town LTCs in a block of four years, applicable to them. In this regard, as per the extant instructions, fresh recruits to Central Government are allowed LTC to their home town along with families on three occasions in a block of four years and to any place in India on the fourth occasion. This facility is available to fresh recruits for the first two LTC blocks of four years applicable after joining the Government for the first time. As per the aforesaid O.M., out of these three Home Town LTC, one LTC may be converted by the fresh recruits to travel by air to visit UT of J&K/ UT of Ladakh/ NER/ A&N.
3. In this regard, it has been decided to allow fresh recruits one additional conversion of Home Town LTC to travel by air to any place in Union Territory of Jammu & Kashmir in each block of four years, i.e. in total 4 times in initial 8 years after being eligible for LTC (twice in each block of four years). The travel entitlements and other LTC conditions for this scheme shall be the same as given in DoPT’s O.M. No. 31011/3/2018- Estt.A-lV dated 20.09.2018 and 20.06.2019.
4. This facility will be valid till 25.09.2020.
(Surya Narayan Jha)
Under Secretary to the Government of India
Also like this:
- Relaxation to travel by air to visit NER, J&K and A&N – DoPT’s Clarification orders on 20.6.2019
- Declaration of Home Town or Permanent address in Service Record – How to change?
- Change of Home Town while availing LTC – Army Officers
- Obtaining of Life Certificate by Banks from the Doorstep of Pesnioners
- O.M on Payment of wages to Outsourced persons of Ministries and Departments