Age of Retirement 33 Years or 60 Latest News
The news on ‘Retirement age of Central Government employees is always a very hot topic! The age restriction on retirement for Central Government employees from 58 to 60 was hiked in 1998! All Central Government employees are in confusion that the superannuation age may be modified as per the service and age!
Latest News on Retirement Age of Central Government Employees
Alteration in the age of normal retirement for the employees working in Central Government is always expected news in India!
Retirement Age of Central Government Employee
- The retirement age of Central Government Employees is now 60 (from 1998). The main and single factor for retirement is now age only. Henceforth, service will also decide the retirement.
Retirement age increased to 59 years in Tamil Nadu
- The State Government of Tamil Nadu increased the retirement age from 58 to 59 years with effect from 31st May 2020. The decision is applicable to all government employees including teachers (Govt-Aided Schools and Colleges) and State Public Undertakings.
No proposal to change the age of superannuation of CG employees
- Once again the Minister of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions Dr. Jitendra Singh clarifies in Parliament on 16th September 2020 regarding the retirement age of Central Govt employees.
First Retirement Virtual Function in Railways on 31 August 2020
- In a first, the Ministry of Railways organizes Virtual Retirement Function for 2320 superannuating officials connecting all Zones/Divisions/Production Units on a virtual platform.
First Time Retirement function is conducting through Video Conferencing on 31.7.2020
- Railway Ministry has decided to conduct the retirement function of its employees through video conference from July 2020 and this formality will continue thereafter every month on the last working day.
Tamil Nadu Govt Employees Retirement Age Notification – Amendment Order 1.6.2020
- Tamil Nadu Government Employees Retirement Age Enhancement Notification – FR 56 Amendment Order issued on 1.6.2020.
Retention in Government Service beyond the age of 50 years or on completion of 30 years of service – CGDA Order dated 1.6.2020
- Retention in Govt. Service beyond the age of 50 years or on completion of 30 years of service- Sr.AOs/AOs/AD(OL)/Sr.PS under FR-56(j).
Retirement Age of CG Employees – Lok Sabha Q&A
“There is no plan to increase the Retirement Age for Central Government Employees at present from 60 to 62” – DR. JITENDRA SINGH