Reservation Quota for Orthopedically handicapped persons in Indian Railways
Indian Railways has decided to prolong the existing advantages of concessions, reservation quota and other facilities for the persons with disability.
Indian Railways deals with special focus on the persons with orthopedically handicapped, paraplegic persons, mentally retarded persons, blind persons and deaf & dumb persons.
Indian Railways is providing maximum of 75% of concession on ticket amount for all classes for persons with disabilities. The below table shows in detail…
|CONCESSION FOR PERSONS WITH DISABILITY|
|No.||Category of persons with disability||Percentage of concession|
|1||Orthopedically handicapped/Paraplegic persons who cannot travel without escort – for any purpose. However, can book ticket with or without escort.||75% in 2nd, SL; 1st Class, 3AC, AC chair car
50% in 1AC and 2AC
25% in 3AC & AC chair Car of Rajdhani/ Shatabdi trains
50% in MST & QST
One escort is also eligible for same element of concession
|2||Mentally retarded persons who cannot travel without escort- for any purpose. However, can book ticket with or without escort.|
|3||Blind persons travelling alone or with an escort – for any purpose|
|4||Deaf & Dumb persons (both afflictions together in the same person) travelling alone or with an escort – for any purpose.||50% in 2nd, SL and 1st Class
50% in MST & QST
One escort is also eligible for same element of concession.
Also like this:
- 50% Concession for Male senior citizens of minimum 60 years and 40% Concession for Lady senior citizens of minimum 58 years in Railways
- No proof of age is required at the time of purchasing tickets
- Tatkal charges: Additionally 10 percentage of basic ticket amount for second class passengers
- Relaxation to travel by air to visit NER, J&K and A&N – DoPT’s Clarification orders on 20.6.2019
- Disability Pension of all ranks of Armed Forces Personnel Exempt from Income Tax