Payment of wages to Outsourced persons of Ministries/Departments and others Organizations of Government of India during lockdown period due to COVID-19
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
North Block, New Delhi
Sub: Payment of wages to outsourced persons of Ministries / Departments and other organizations of Government of India during lockdown period due to COVID-19
As part of social distancing and isolation measures to contain the spread of COVID-19 in the country, various State/UT Governments have announced lockdown at different places. Instructions have been separately issued by DOP&T regarding maintenance of essential services in Ministries / Departments.
2. Due to these measures, there is a likelihood of a number of contractual, casual and outsourced staff such as house-keeping staff etc. being required to stay at home, which under normal circumstances would result in deduction in their pay/wages. In order to avoid any undue hardships under the prevailing extraordinary circumstances, it has been decided that wherever any such contractual, casual and outsourced staff of Ministries / Departments and other organizations of Government of India, is required to stay at home in view of lockdown order regarding COVID-19 prevention, as announced by various States /UT Governments, they shall be treated as “on duty” during such period of absence and necessary pay/wages would be paid accordingly.
3. These instructions shall also apply to Attached/Subordinate Offices, Autonomous / Statutory Bodies of Government of India.
4. These instructions shall apply till 30th April, 2020.
(Annie G. Mathew)
Additional Secretary to Government of India
All the Ministries and Departments of Government of India
Also like this:
- Coronavirus crisis: Central Government offices to remain closed till March 31
- Central Govt offices will function with skeletal employees Until 31 March 2020
- Relaxation in CCS: Central Govt Employees to get commuted leave facility
- Latest Vacancy Position in Central Government
- Government given premature retirement 220 corrupted employees and 96 senior officer