IT Exemption on Gratuity – 20 lakhs w.e.f. 29.3.2018
Income tax exemption for gratuity increased from Rs.10 lakhs to 20 lakhs w.e.f. 29.3.2018
Income tax exemption for gratuity enhanced Up to Rs. 20 lakhs
Ministry of Finance has enhanced the income tax exemption for gratuity under section 10 (10) (iii) of the Income Tax Act, 1961 to Rs. 20 lakhs. Shri Santosh Kumar Gangwar, Minister of State for Labour and Employment has expressed hope that this would benefit those employees of PSUs and other employees not covered by Payment of Gratuity Act, 1972 and has thanked the Finance Minister for enhancing the exemption limit.
The ceiling of Gratuity amount under the Payment of Gratuity Act, 1972 has been raised from time to time keeping in view over-all economic condition and employers capacity to pay and the salaries of the employees, which have been increased in private sector and in PSUs.
The latest such enhancement of ceiling of gratuity was made vide Government of India Notification dated 29.03.2018 under which the gratuity amount ceiling has been increased from Rs.10 lakhs to 20 lakhs w.e.f. 29.3.2018.
Also like this:
- Grant of Dearness Relief in the 5th CPC series effective from 01.01.2019 to CPF beneficiaries in receipt of ex-gratia payment
- Proposal to Include in the Election Manifesto to All Parties – NC JCM Staff Side
- Need CG Employees Votes…Add ‘Scrap NPS’ in Your Election Manifesto
- 14% Government Contribution in NPS – Gazette Notification
- Scrap NPS – Restore OPS: NJCA Writes to All Political Parties