Proposal to amend Rule 11 of AIS (Conduct) Rules, 1968 by inserting a New-Sub Rule 4 – Dopt Orders 3 March 2020
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Department of Personnel and Training
North Block, New Delhi
Dated the 03 March, 2020
The Chief Secretaries of all the States / UTs
Subject: Proposal to amend Rule 11 of AIS (Conduct) Rules, 1968 by inserting a new-sub Rule 4 – reg.
Sir / Madam;
I am directed to refer to the subject noted and to state that presently there are no provisions under AIS(Conduct)Rules, 1968 with regard to receipt / retention of gifts from foreign dignitaries by members of AIS being a member of Indian delegation or otherwise. Therefore, it has been decided with the approval of competent authority to insert a new sub-rule (4) under Rule 11 of AIS (Conduct) Rules, 1968.
3. Accordingly, a draft of the proposed amendments in AIS (Conduct)Rules, 1968 is enclosed herewith with request to furnish your comments/views on the same latest by 31st March, 2020 positively. Soft copy of the comments / views may also be sent by email at [email protected] If no reply is received within the stipulated time, it will be presumed that State Government has no objection to the proposed amendments.
Encl: as stated.
Under Secretary (Services)
Click to view the Dopt order
Proposal to amend AIS (Conduct) Rules 1968
|Existing Rules||Proposed Amendment|
|11. Gifts:11(1) A member of the service may accept gifts from his near relatives or from his personal friends having no official dealings with them, on occasions such as wedding, anniversaries, funerals and religious functions when the making of gifts is in conformity with the prevailing religious and social practice, but he shall make a report to the Government if the value of such gift exceeds Rs.25, 000/-.
Explanation-For the purposes of this rule “gift” includes free transport, free boarding, free lodging or any other service or pecuniary advantage when
|11(2) Save as otherwise provided in sub-rule (1), no member of the service shall accept any gift without the sanction of the Government if the value of gift exceeds Rs.5,000/-|
|11(3) Member of the Service shall avoid accepting lavish hospitality or frequent hospitality from persons having official dealings with them or from industrial or commercial firms or other organisations.|
|After sub-rule (3) of Rule 11 of AIS (Conduct) Rules. 1968. the following sub-rule (4) shall be inserted: –11(4):- Notwithstanding anything contained in sub rule (1), (2) and (3), a member of Service, being a member of the Indian delegation or otherwise, may receive and retain gifts from foreign dignitaries in accordance with the provisions of The Foreign Contribution (Acceptance or Retention of Gifts or Presentation) Rules, 2012, as amended from time to time.|
Also like this:
- Government servant should not accept any gift more than Rs. 5000 – What says CCS Rule?
- Violation of Rule 7 of CCS (Conduct) Rules 1964 for Strike
- Premature Retirement of Railway Employees: Criteria for Review of Services
- 7th CPC Pay fixation – Pay fixation of SCS/Non-SCS officers promoted to IAS
- No Need to Submit Additional Documents for PAN Card, Aadhaar is sufficient to apply