The Department of Pension and Pensioners Welfare has issued a circular on 17 January 2020 about the Door-step submission of Life Certificate facility.
As per the order, all Banks to ensure Door-step submission of Life Certificate facility, along with Banking facility to all senior citizens of more than 70 years of age and differently-abled or infirm persons, including pick up of cash and delivery of cash against withdrawal.
Highlights of the order
- Exemption from personal appearance by Pensioners submitting Life Certificate
- Digital Life Certificate mode of submission as part of Prime Minister’s “Digital India” scheme
- Mandatory issue of acknowledgement to Pensioners on submission of Life Certificates
- All Banks to ensure Door-step submission of Life Certificate facility, along with Banking facility to all senior citizens of more than 70 years of age and differently abled or infirm persons
- Door-step submission of Life Certificate facility including pick up of cash and delivery of cash against withdrawal
- The banks shall not charge any Pensioner more than Rs. 60/- for such a doorstep visit.
Also like this:
- CG Pension Slip and Form 16: How to Download?
- Reserve Bank of India Press Release – RBI Offices and all designated branches of agency bank
- 50% Concession for Male senior citizens of minimum 60 years and 40% Concession for Lady senior citizens of minimum 58 years in Railways
- Electronic PPO project has been started for issuing electronic PPO to pensioners and to digitize the whole pension processing
- No proof of age is required at the time of purchasing tickets