Premature Retirement in Railways: Criteria for Review of Services
Premature Retirement of Railway Employees: Criteria for Review of Services
Railway Board issued an important order on 8th August, 2019 regarding periodic review of Railway employees under Rule 66(b) of RSPR 1993.
The order said, improving of efficiency and strengthening of administrative machinery at all levels by the Government by exercising of its powers under Rule 1802(a)/1803(a)/1804(a)-R.II, 1987 read with Rule 66(b) of RSPR, 1993 to retire a Railway servant in public interest before the normal date of his retirement subject to fulfillment of conditions laid down in the instructions.
The salient points of the various instructions on the subject have been consolidated with a view to improving clarity and understanding and are enclosed for reference.
An important aspect of Criteria for review of Services as per age and service rendered…
1) Group A and B: After attaining 50 years (if entered service before age 35)
2) Group A and B: After attaining 55 years (if entered service after age 35)
3) Group C: After attaining 55 years of age
4) Group C: After completion of 30 years of service, if not governed by any pension rules, under Rule 1804(a).
5) Group D: In pensionable cases, can be done after completion of 30 years of pensionable service.
6) Any employee, irrespective of age, can be retired prematurely by giving him three month’s notice after he has completed 30 years of qualifying service.
Also like this:
- Premature retirement of Government employees on the ground of lack of integrity or ineffectiveness
- Grant of Children Education Allowance and Hostel Subsidy for Railway Employees
- Retirement Age of KV Employees – Discontinuation of 2 Years Extension in Service
- 7th CPC Pay fixation – Pay fixation of SCS/Non-SCS officers promoted to IAS
- Master Circular on Probation/ Confirmation in Central Services